WhutEvaDaFuck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss whatever the fuck is on your mind

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Itagaki quits Tecmo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck_U_Farley
WEDF Staff
WEDF Staff

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Itagaki quits Tecmo Empty
PostSubject: Itagaki quits Tecmo   Itagaki quits Tecmo EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 1:00 am

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6191979.html

Quote :
In a statement released to the media, Itagaki said that he was leaving Tecmo due to unpaid bonuses, and that he is suing the Japanese company for 148 million yen ($1.4 million). The head of Team Ninja stated that his last day on the job will be on July 1, 2008.

"Before the start of development on Dead or Alive 4, Tecmo Co. Ltd. had agreed to pay a completion bonus to me for this Xbox 360 title, which I produced. However, when the time came for the actual payment, Tecmo Co. Ltd. went against its previous agreement and refused payment. President Yoshimi Yasuda chose not only to violate this agreement, but also turned defiant, telling me 'if you are dissatisfied with the decision not to pay the bonuses, either quit the company or sue it.' In addition, he made demeaning remarks about me to my subordinates and colleagues, causing me significant emotional distress and worsening my personal relationships and work environment. Thus, I have no choice but to resign from Tecmo Co. Ltd.," the statement said.

Kinda sucks, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do
Back to top Go down
TwilightDawn
TwilightDawn

Female
Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Itagaki quits Tecmo   Itagaki quits Tecmo EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 1:05 am

so were did he go?
Back to top Go down
Chuck_U_Farley
WEDF Staff
WEDF Staff

PostSubject: Re: Itagaki quits Tecmo   Itagaki quits Tecmo EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 1:08 am

no where yet, hes too busy sueing them right now
Back to top Go down
TwilightDawn
TwilightDawn

Female
Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Itagaki quits Tecmo   Itagaki quits Tecmo EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 1:10 am

serves them right then. think Nintendo will pick him up?
Back to top Go down
Chuck_U_Farley
WEDF Staff
WEDF Staff

PostSubject: Re: Itagaki quits Tecmo   Itagaki quits Tecmo EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I would be smart if they did.

He created Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES and has created the Ninja Gaiden series. (hence the name 'team ninja')

I still feel he has a legit beef, but until he either creates his own company, or gets picked up by one of the big 3, the only thing we can look forward too is the lawsuit
Back to top Go down

Itagaki quits Tecmo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WhutEvaDaFuck :: Video Games-
Jump to: